All timber produced by BILIGOM® at Tzaneen, Limpopo and other future licensed BILIGOM® plants throughout Southern Africa carry the full SATAS quality accreditation mark.Furthermore the timber is automatically machine proof graded to “BILIGOM® Structural Grade” specifications and then treated to H2 SANS 1288 in one complete operational cycle.This means that customers can rely on the structural integrity of the timber and confidently use BILIGOM® as the fine timber it has become.
Advantages of BILIGOM®:
- Eucalyptus growers need to supply 5 to 8 year old timber. This will significantly relieve long term pressure for more Pine plantations.
- BILIGOM® is graded to “BILIGOM® Structural Grade” specifications. This means that around 28% less timber is required than Graded S5 Pine timber to cover the same roof area.
- Roof truss fabricators can expect to use approximately 50% less gang nail plates for BILIGOM® than for S5 Pine. MiTek Industries S.A. (Pty) Ltd have adapted their software to cater for this in their roof truss designs.
- BILIGOM® is treated to H2 SANS 1288 specifications and is sold at approximately the same price as untreated S5 Pine.
- BILIGOM® is elegantly suited for low cost housing developments due to its inherent strength and lower timber volumes needed to cover equal Pine roofing areas.
- By using TANALITH™E for treating and using Eucalyptus, BILIGOM® carries a very small environmental impact and the resource is infinitely renewable. This cannot be said for steel roof trusses.